Monday, December 12, 2011

Orly Androgynie

Hello Darling Readers!

I've been feeling less than stellar today but thanks to my lovely husband, I have homemade chili to make me feel better. Tonight I've got one of the new colors from Orly's Winter 2011 collection, Androgynie. This color is a black base with scattered holo glitter, various colored hex glitter, and a ton of gold fleck glitter. While this looks amazing in the bottle, it doesn't exactly translate on the nail. What you mostly get is black polish with a lot of gold fleck and maybe one or two hexes if you carefully place them. What also doesn't help is that the base is not a very good suspension base for the holographic particles so they are very sparse on the nail. Add to that a black base that doesn't show hex glitter through it unless it's on the very top coat and you have a basically black manicure. This is two coats with Seche QD on top.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please don't leave links to your website here, this is not a place to advertise. Feel free to email me directly if you have specific questions or concerns at info@lacquerninja.com