Thursday, January 27, 2011

Wet n Wild Rain Check

So, I found my camera and my memory card! I snapped a couple pictures of my current color Rain Check/Ciel Surprise which is part of the Wild Shine collection from Wet n Wild. These are all inside because I got home after the sun went down but I'll try to get a couple in the sun this weekend (Working tomorrow). I also plan to overlay Wet n Wild Kaleidoscope over this color so I might add those pictures tonight as well.

 You'll have to excuse the horrible cuticles and  random bubbles in there. I am still in the beginning stages of learning to treat my nails nicely so they're a work in progress. I used Sally Hansen's Double Duty for base coat and Rimmel 60 Seconds clear top coat. I'm waiting to get Seche Vite when I finally get to the Sally Beauty Supply that's 45 minutes away.

Anyways, here are the nails!









This is 3 coats and two days wear. I like the pearlescent finish on this polish :)

UPDATE:: I've gotten some pictures of Rain Check with Kaleidascope to add to this post. I really like this glitter over Rain Check, it has smaller silver speck glitter mixed in with larger hex glitter and it gives a nice mild holo effect to the nail when applied. These pictures are of two coats with Rimmel 60 top coat once again.


2 comments:

  1. I love this color but, every time I applied it, BUBBLES GALORE!! Whenever I'd give it another chance, I'd change whatever I thought could have been the problem. Buffing my nails, thin coats, thick coats, base/top coat, no base/top coat, waiting for the coats to dry, etc., etc., etc. Nothing helped .. I was disappointed because the shade is so gorgeous. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you shaking the polish before use? That's the only reason I could think of that you'd have so many issues with bubbles. Or you could try waiting an extended amount of time between coats (I'd suggest thin coats) It's funny you comment on this post because this was before I was any good at applying polish! No base coat in this picture, and a cheap Rimmel topcoat lol.

    It's definitely a pretty color though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please don't leave links to your website here, this is not a place to advertise. Feel free to email me directly if you have specific questions or concerns at info@lacquerninja.com