Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Zoya Pippa and Graduation!

Hello Ninjas!

Sorry, I mis-counted my days and didn't post yesterday like I was supposed to! Today I've got the promised Yellow-Black post that goes along with my graduation to Yellow-Black belt in To-Shin Do Ninjutsu :) I chose these colors obviously to match the belt I was graduating to but I was pleasantly surprised how well Pippa actually matched the belt I received! I did three coats of Pippa as a base because I wanted absolute opacity for this look. If I didn't mind a little VNL I would have been just dandy with two coats. In fact, Pippa was really pleasant and not streaky at all like I was expecting from a pastel/neon yellow color; Way to go Zoya!

After Pippa, I added the black half with a nail art brush. I had expected to do a black stripe down the middle like the belt I was getting but the uneven stripes led me to just paint half the nail black. Voila! Ninja nails :) Many people commented on them and it looks like I'll have to do this for every graduation from now on so in three months I'll be doing a Blue-White look!




2 comments:

  1. Oh that's awesome. It really does match well. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new belt--the matching mani looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please don't leave links to your website here, this is not a place to advertise. Feel free to email me directly if you have specific questions or concerns at info@lacquerninja.com