Sunday, April 8, 2012

Quoth the Raven

Hello Ninjas!

I hope you all had a great holiday weekend! Sorry I wasn't able to post yesterday, I was out of town with my grandparents having too much fun dying Easter Eggs. I'll have to see if I got any good pictures of them to put up, some turned out really neat!

This look is the one I did for Toxid Lotus' Makeup Challenge: Raven/Crow. I went a little bit more in the literal direction of this and did black makeup in a mask that was almost a raven shape. I also added metallic blue and purple accents but they were really hard to keep vivid on top of the black shadow I did  most of the look with.




I love how this looks in the pictures but it was definitely too costume-y to wear out in public. I might do a super dark night look with similar coloring for a date-night sometime. On a related note, check out these amazing earring I bought from Luna! They're black and green brushed polymer clay with peridot accent stones. They are meant to raise awareness about Lyme Disease and you can check out her similar earwings here!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I LOVE that. Really fantastic job on the raven imagery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please don't leave links to your website here, this is not a place to advertise. Feel free to email me directly if you have specific questions or concerns at info@lacquerninja.com