Monday, June 18, 2012

Layla Hologram Effect: Mercury Twilight

Hello lovely Ninjas!

It's a nice mild day here in NC, it doesn't seem at all like a Monday. Alas, I do have to go back to work in a while. That's ok though because it's Stripe Week at the dojo. That means that I'll get to test for my first stripe on my blue-white belt. There are three stripes on each belt so I'll be a third of the way to my next one! Time flies when you're having fun.

Today's polish was a gift from my Mother-in-Law for my birthday. After spending some time together at Ulta, she commented that I couldn't leave without at least one polish. I showed her the Layla display and she let me pick one out. This is the first Layla I've ever owned and it's sort of a signature holographic color, bright silver. This wasn't the easiest polish in the world to work with but I've since read up on some ways to make it more manageable in the future. Since my MiL bought me two more Layla polishes, I'll get a chance to try the tips out. I don't know how many coats this was, I basically kept going until there weren't any bald spots. This polish did wear wonderfully and the holo was great to look at, even indoors. My camera had a really hard time picking up the rainbows though so I apologize for the less than stellar pictures.







3 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great time at the dojo! Beautiful polish!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So shiny :) I have a similar polish from gosh, and I think the holo effect is the strongest in silver, but I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo, I just bought this and I am soooo wearing it to the beach!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please don't leave links to your website here, this is not a place to advertise. Feel free to email me directly if you have specific questions or concerns at info@lacquerninja.com