Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Holo-Licious

So here are the holos I've worn in the last few days. The first one is my failed Saturday manicure. This is one coat of Wet n wild Hannah Pinktana, then one coat of Blue Wants to be a Millionaire, then topped off with one more coat of Hannah pinktana. This is a neat subtle scattered holo effect but it kept screwing up before I could get topcoat on it and I was losing patience.







The next color is Milani 3D in Hi-Tech. I looove this grassy green holo. The pictures do not do it justice and make the color look a lot less vibrant and lime-green that it actually is. However, the formula on Hi-Tech wasn't as easy to maneuver and apply as their pink I tried, Digital. I still love this color though, who hates a green linear holo??

Two coats of Milani 3D Hi-Tech, 1 coat Seche QD topcoat. This is two days tipwear.









Thennn we have today's mani. I actually went to class with naked nails (Didn't have it in me to do my nails after all the swatching I did last night) and they were just so hideously yellow that I had to paint them. However, since I didn't have polish or topcoat with me, I had to stop at Walgreens and pick up some polish between class and work so I wouldn't wear my hideous nails to work and scare my customers!

I picked up Wet n Wild's Black Creme and Kaleidoscope, both of which I already owned at home!, because they didn't have any WnW topcoat. This is two coats of BC and one of Kaleidascope with no topcoat... It felt a little gritty but it was pretty none-the-less. Kaleidascope has silver glitter with scattered holo hex glitter and will be welcome in my frankening collection :)



1 comment:

  1. I keep at least 2 bottles of Kaleidoscope on hand all the time - it's just such a useful little thing. Hallucinate - the whiter holo - is also great to have. But, then, I'm big on glitter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please don't leave links to your website here, this is not a place to advertise. Feel free to email me directly if you have specific questions or concerns at info@lacquerninja.com