Monday, April 25, 2011

My Easter Mani and some failed stamping.

So Justin's awesome family was in town this weekend which meant a pedi for me and his mom as well as a trip to Ulta. I'll post pictures of my haul later but lets look at the mani and my stamping fail. The base color is actually a bit of layering. Two coats of Salley Hansen Insta-Dri in Jade Jump and one coat of Ulta's Always a Bridemaid collection in Something Blue. I do have to say, I really really hate the formula on the Insta-Dris I picked up... Sure they dry fast but they also dry sort of chalky and the polish gets little dry gritty pieces in it... Which is pretty much the only reason I did a layering deal with the Something  Blue, to cover up the gritty ick. I wonder if some polish thinner would help?

Anyways, the next day, I tried to do some stamping with Wet n Wild Buffy the Violet Slayer but as soon as I added Seche QD on top the stamp started to degrade and get blurry and fail... SO I did a bunch of other stamp colors on top to get a sort of tie dyed look.









Also, my easter package arrived today from my mom who's all the way out in California! Can you guess what one of the things in my package was?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please don't leave links to your website here, this is not a place to advertise. Feel free to email me directly if you have specific questions or concerns at info@lacquerninja.com