Sunday, April 3, 2011

Starry Night Manicure

So even though Mesmerized is a very pretty color, it needed a little something extra. Since I thought it looked so much like Spirit of Truth I was going to add some red and yellow to make it a Wonder Woman mani. However, given that I only had half an hour to do my nails before work, I went for something easier: pretty topcoat. I picked up this Glitter Stars top coat a month or two ago at Hot Topic and haven't had a chance to use it yet so this seemed like a good opportunity. The effect was goooorgeous! This mani looked just like the night sky :)

Two coats of Glitter Stars (HT nail polish doesn't have names) over Mesmerized, I purposely only did one star per finger. The small glitter was a combination of blue, teal, and peach glitter that was pretty and super subtle on the nail. I love it!








The above pictures are just with the glitter top coat. The ones below are with Seche QD on top.



The shiny top coat adds depth to the glitter. I just love the whole look though.

I took this polish off last night which was sort of a chore since I got a super deep papercut in my left index finger that I had to be careful of. I got to learn the hard way that my polish remover will start dissolving my bandaid with barely any contact! once I was done removing polish I put two coats of Seche Recondition on my nails (I picked it up for $1.99 at Ulta!) Here are my naked nails.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please don't leave links to your website here, this is not a place to advertise. Feel free to email me directly if you have specific questions or concerns at info@lacquerninja.com