Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wet n Wild Craze: Inferno

So I've been trying to make myself wear any color I swatch for at least two days (Not counting Kenyan Sunset lol). Today I wanted to move on from the Night Lights/Elephunk combo to a color I found in a mini pack of Funky Fingers at Five Below.

If you can find the names for these colors I will love you forever!
 See the pretty pink color on the end? That's the color I wanted to try (It was a toss up between that and Wet n Wild's Mauve Frost. My dog picked the pink one lol. Yes, my dog) Anyways, it's a really awesome color for such a cheap mini set but what you can't see in the picture is that it's a multi-chrome. It flashes green and orange along with the original sorbet pink! I was all excited to try it out but it would not after 3 coats get nearly opaque soooo I tried putting Mauve Frost over it and I kept screwing up one or more nails. I figured that was my hands telling me to give it a break so I took everything off before I had to go to tutoring (I tutor elementary kids Monday or Wednesday nights).

Fed up as I was with the colors I'd just spent an hour and a half of my time on, I stopped by the local CVS where I got my Seche and picked up some fresh colors. I got Wet n Wild Craze Inferno and another one I can't remember off the top of my head but will swatch soon, I promise! I also got something to take care of my cuticles because they've been pretty shotty lately then bought some candy at the dollar store. I found an adorable pastel pink with pearlescent shimmer in it and had to get it for a dollar for Valentines day! I think I'll use it with a red french tip, we'll see what happens. Anyways, on to the Inferno!

These are my accomplices for this swatch: Seche Base on bottom, Wet n Wild Craze Inferno, and Seche Vite on top.


With Flash.

Without Flash.
I did three coats of Inferno though two coats probably would have been fine. I was sitting under some pretty strong lights to get this right after the earlier pink and mauve mishap so it took three for me to be satisfied with the opacity.


As you can see in this picture with artificial light, it's almost a pumpkin-y orange. In the picture below you can see the pretty gold shimmer in it though. I can't wait to see this one in sunlight!!


Anyone ever had a color you wanted to try but just couldn't get to work?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please don't leave links to your website here, this is not a place to advertise. Feel free to email me directly if you have specific questions or concerns at info@lacquerninja.com