Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Non-Polish plea for help

Ok so this is supposed to be a nail polish blog about my adventures in the world of nail lacquers. But, as you may have noticed, I mention dogs frequently and have had a few guest appearances by friend's dogs with painted toes. Today I was shown a blog about a heartbreaking rescue story.

This owner of this blog works with a vet and as a photographer in Texas. She found a badly emaciated, mange stricken, and worm riddled dog on the side of a busy highway over the weekend and is now doing everything in her power to help him. By help him this means that she is providing all the vet care that might let him survive this horrible neglect. Should the dog stop trying to fight for his life, she understands that helping him would mean letting him go as well. She is being his angel when he's been thrown away by other humans.

I'm posting this because animal, particularly dog and cat, rescue is something I believe strongly in. Not everyone would even give this guy a fighting chance, most people wouldn't even stop to pick him up off the road but she did. So if you'd like to read his story and see the amazing strength of heart this dog has, despite everything he's been through, check out The Abandoned Dog Blog and spread the word that humans do still have hearts.






The Abandoned Dog... and the fight for his life.

5 comments:

  1. I'm Tiffany, and I am who has taken this boy from misery to the road of recovery. I was shown your blog today...and I cannot thank you enough for caring, and caring enough to post a link to his story in your blog. I am so overwhelemd by the response and the number of lives that this boy has touched and affected. The impact he has on me is, in itself, amazing...what a fight he has...what courage and strength. And so forgiving of humans...he trusts me, when he has been so neglected and abandoned by us (humans) before. Again, I can't thank you enough for spreading the word...he needs all the prayers, get well wishes, and kind thoughts he can get. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't thank you enough for caring and helping this dog out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't thank you enough for sharing this story!! I too hold rescue close to my heart and just thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like everyone else has said thank you for posting this. I have rescue cats and dogs of my own and they are just the most wonderful animals. I hope its alright that i linked this your post on my blog. I gave you full credit and everything, www.therealpolishprincess.blogspot.com. Please let me know if youd like me to take it down. THank you again for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problem! I don't mind at all if you re-post :) The most people this guy can reach the better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please don't leave links to your website here, this is not a place to advertise. Feel free to email me directly if you have specific questions or concerns at info@lacquerninja.com